Class based Teaching Assistant Grade 1
3 days left
Start date: Monday 28th September 2020 or as soon as possible afterwards
23 hours weekly
Swan Lane First School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Teaching Assistant who will initially be based in a Year 4 class but must have the skills and expertise to be able to work anywhere in the school.
We are looking for a candidate who will be able to demonstrate that they:
- Can build a good working relationship with the class teacher and also a positive relationship with the children in the class.
- Have experience and expertise in KS1 and KS2
- Have a proven track record of supporting and nurturing children
- Have high expectations of children’s learning and behaviour
- Are enthusiastic and hard working
- Have a good sense of humour
- Can work as part of a team and can flexible
- Can demonstrate kindness, compassion and fun
- Are competent in Maths and English
Support, guidance and training will be provided to ensure that the successful teaching assistant is given the opportunity to develop their skills.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS and Disqualification by Association checks. Details about the school can be found by looking at the school website. www.swanlanefirstschool.worcs.sch.uk
To receive further information and an application form please email the PA, Mrs Claire Wharrad, on
Closing date: Monday 21st September 2020 at 9.00 am
Interview date: Week Commencing 21st September 2020 via Zoom conference call