24.0 Hours per Week
We are looking for a personable, professional and approachable School Administrator to bring confidence, reliability and charisma to a busy junior school office.
The successful candidate will be able to establish positive relationships with all children, parents and members of staff. They will be comfortable making decisions and will be a problem-solver for all kinds of queries and requests; confident and able to think on their feet. Along with the Senior Administrator, they will be the first point of contact for All Saints’ CE Junior School, the welcoming face of the school and part of the small office team that is the centrepiece of the school community.
Excellent communication skills, coupled with sound ICT knowledge and the ability to adapt, are critical to this position.
Preferably will have a good working knowledge of school administrative systems e.g. SIMS, Your HR, Finance systems etc.
The role is advertised on a part-time basis, working 24 hours per week.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, is fun and welcoming;
- Has excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Is a creative thinker who can think on their feet and find solutions to problems;
- Works well independently or as part of a team;
- Is committed to safeguarding and is trustworthy and discrete;
- Has high expectations of self and others;
- Ideally will have experience undertaking financial administration procedures and monitoring;
- Preferably will have a good working knowledge of school administrative systems e.g. SIMS, Your HR, Finance systems etc.
Shared Office Responsibilities:
- Undertake financial administration procedures;
- Assist with preparing, monitoring and evaluating the budget;
- Management of expenditure within an agreed budget;
- Management of the accurate upkeep of staff and pupil records;
- Management of pupil admissions arrangements;
- Effective and accurate completion of compulsory returns to DFE, LA etc. e.g. pupil and staff census, etc.;
- Management of DBS procedures and processes;
- Management and administration of HR requirements;
- Management of communications with parents, including regular newsletter;
- Ad hoc minute taking for sensitive meetings as requested by Executive and / or Associate Head;
- Marketing – ownership of updates to website, Facebook, newspaper liaison etc.;
- Local lead for GDPR, ensuring data protection compliance;
- Organisation of school trips; arranging transport and costings;
- Management and co-ordination of afterschool clubs;
- Management of online calendar and liaison with Federated Infant School;
- Working with Executive and / or Associate Head to ensure cover of absent staff;
- Arranging and tracking training requests and completion by school staff;
- Cash handling and banking;
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Please complete the attached application form and return to: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 22nd September 2020.
Interviews will take place on Monday 28th September 2020.
As visits to the Federation are not possible at present, please have a look at the website.
Please contact us to make an appointment or if you require any further information.
All Saints’ CE Junior School – 01926 492991 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.Supporting documents