Safeguarding Boards Quality Assurance Manager
2 days left
Children’s Services is a service area within Coventry City Council that supports children and families across the city. The vision and commitment of Children’s Services ensures that a high quality and child centred service is provided, ensuring the right help at the right time and engaging with partners. Children’s Services is committed to outcome-driven and impactful interventions and measures success by the outcome for children and families. The service reflects and responds to the changing needs of Coventry and its population and understands the need for a reflective and flexible service with a strong Early Help offer to provide early and targeted intervention so that families can access the support they need from a variety of partners and agencies. A successful recruitment and retention strategy has resulted in a committed and stable workforce who are dedicated to delivering excellent services to children and young people in Coventry. It is a great time to join our diverse workforce within Children’s Services, with great opportunities to develop your learning, ongoing training to improve practice, a clear way to progress through our progression pathway, and an engaging team that recognises success and values staff.What is the job role?
Coventry Safeguarding Children’s Partnership (CSCP) and Coventry Safeguarding Adults Boards (CSAB) operate to co-ordinate the delivery of safeguarding services for Coventry residents, constantly striving for improvements to ensure the best possible outcomes for Coventry.
The CSCP and CSAB has 3 statutory partners West Midlands Police, Coventry City Council and Coventry and Rugby Clinical Commissioning Group.
We are seeking to appoint a Quality Assurance Manager to join a fast paced, dynamic team whose role it is to support the work of Coventry Safeguarding Children’s Partnership and Coventry Safeguarding Adults Board.
You will take an independent role in coordinating the audit activity of each Board, working closely with senior managers across all agencies. You will gather and develop information from quality assurance and audit work undertaken and develop and disseminate this to deliver multi-agency safeguarding quality and service improvements.
If you feel you would like an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Rebekah Eaves, Coventry Safeguarding Adults Board and Children’s Partnership Manager on 02476 976827.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role we are looking for individuals who have:
- Knowledge of quality assurance methodologies to ensure quality of service.
- A range of styles for using and presenting data in reports, as appropriate to the content of the report and the audience receiving the information.
- Can use systems and legal frameworks for adults and children’s safeguarding
- Ability to assess complex information from a variety of sources, assess the quality of practice and produce recommendations for change.
- Ability to collate and analyse information, including the use of relevant electronic databases and systems.
- Ability to produce clear and well-reasoned service improvement and development plans.
- Experience of working within children's and/or adults social care legislative framework, or in other public sector service areas directly delivering services (health, police, education etc).
- Professional qualification relating to service delivery to children or adults (social care, health, police, education etc.)
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
All attachments for the job can be found here
Interview date: 29 September 2020
Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks