Teaching Assistant Level 2, 1:1 Support
32.5 Hours per Week
We are looking to appoint 2 experienced and dedicated Teaching Assistants to support children with EHCPs. For the majority of the time the positions will involve one to one working with a child with complex Special Educational Needs, as well as working with small groups and supporting the class teacher during whole class situations.
- Hold a recognised and relevant NVQ level 2 qualification
- Have knowledge on aspects of the curriculum and areas of special need (preferably ASD) and strategies to meet these
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths at grades A-C
- Able to work under guidance of the class teacher and under own initiative
- Able to liaise with the SENCO and other outside agencies
- Evidence of emotional resilience in working with children exhibiting challenging behaviour
Additional Information & How to Apply
Please find the application form and job description attached. Alternatively they are available from the school office.
Closing Date: 23 September 2020
Completed applications should be returned to the school:
Newdigate Primary and Nursery School
Tel: 02476 361662
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.Supporting documents