Specialist Speech, Language and Communication Needs Teaching Assistant
5 days left
Required as soon as possible
Salary: Grade: TA3 + SEN allowance
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 - 4:00
Lickey Hills Primary School and Nursery has a strong and successful commitment to providing a challenging and appropriate education to meet the needs of all pupils in a highly inclusive environment. We are looking for a skilled teaching assistant to support the development of an individual with additional needs for a fixed term period.
We are looking for a Specialist Speech, Language and Communication Needs Teaching Assistant who can:
- Support the teaching and learning of the children in the Language Base along with their social and emotional development
- Facilitate the inclusion in mainstream lessons of pupils with SLCN
- Develop resources to support pupils with SLCN
- Work as a member of the Language Base team and promote inclusion of pupils with SLCN
- Deliver speech and language interventions written by the Speech Therapy Team
- Collaboratively plan and deliver small group sessions in Literacy, reading, maths and phonics
Lickey Hills can offer you:
- The opportunity to be part of a quality first setting with a high aspiration for all pupils.
- The opportunity to work within a warm, caring and supportive team with a commitment to supporting your needs
- The opportunity for professional development and the opportunity to learn from the expertise of a dedicated staff team.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Please visit the school website for more information about our school www.lickeyhills.worcs.sch.uk
If you would like an application form, or if you have any questions please contact Benjamin Dillon, School Business Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0121 445 1992.
Closing date: 12pm Friday 25th September 2020
Interview date: Thursday 8th October 2020