Foundation Stage Teaching Assistant + optional MDS
7 days left
The children, staff and governors of this happy and successful two-form entry Infant and Nursery School wish to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant role to support the teaching in our thriving, nurturing school. We are seeking to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant to support teaching across the school, from Nursery to Year Two.
Ideally we are looking to appoint a permanent post, initially based within Reception from 9 am-12 pm and 1.35-3.05 pm. We are seeking a Teaching Assistant who is enthusiastic, highly motivated and committed to delivering outstanding practice across our school.
There is also the opportunity to take on a Midday Supervisor Role for an additional 5hrs 25mins a week if desired, supporting the children during lunchtime from 12-1.05pm each day, thus ensuring consistency of expectations over the lunchtime period (Paid at Scale B). (Please note that timings may alter slightly due to Covid considerations)
At Exhall Cedars we are excited about, and committed to becoming an 'Attachment Aware,Trauma Informed' school and expect every member of our staff team to have the same commitment.
Salary Teaching Assistant £10,138 - £10,974 per annum
Salary Midday Supervisor £2,087 - £2,129 per annum
- High ambitions for yourself and a commitment to provide every child with the best possible start in life.
- Extensive experience of working within at least FS, ideally across both FS and KS1, and in supporting children with SEND.
- To have a good knowledge and understanding of the FS curriculum and the end of year expectations.
- Able to initiate ideas and put them into practice.
- Have a positive outlook and respond positively to challenge.
- Be a real team player for the good of the staff, children and school as a whole; developing good personal relationships within a team.
- Relates well to children and is intuitively responsive to all their needs, with a particular focus on their general well-being.
- Competent use of ICT to enhance children’s learning.
- To competently use clear, grammatically correct spoken and written English.
- The skills of an excellent, creative, successful classroom practitioner with a dedication and determination to secure good and better progress and raise attainment for all children.
- A genuine interest in how young children learn and develop.
- The ability to work as part of a team to plan, teach and assess effectively for the next steps in children’s learning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to developing and maintaining close links with the whole community.
- A flexible approach to challenge and change.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Visits to look around the school to meet the children and / or speak with Mrs Hillyard, the Head Teacher, are warmly welcomed, and would take place inline with our Covid Risk Assessment.
Interviews would be on site, socially distanced. Those successfully called to interview would be observed for no more than 15 mins working with children. (Under Covid restrictions) You may wear a visor and / or a mask during the observation.
(A visor will be provided upon request or applicants can bring their own, they should also provide their own mask should they wish to wear one.
Closing Date:Friday 25th September @ 10 am
Interview Date: Friday 2nd October 2020
Offers will be subject to satisfactory references. Applications will only be accepted on the attached Application From (no CVs please), which should either be emailed to email@example.com or posted to the school: Trenance Road, Exhall, Coventry. CV21 7FJ
If you think that this is a post that would interest you and you are ready for a new challenge then please call and have a chat about the role. We would love to meet you; due to Covid you would need to wear a mask inside the building and follow our Covid procedures whilst on site.
Application forms are available to print online. *Please note ONLY application made on the form provided will be considered.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Disqualifications; medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references; one from your last employer and the other may be a character reference. All job offers are subject to satisfactory references.