2 days left
Fixed term contract to 21 July 2021.
The children, staff and governors of this happy and successful two-form entry Infant, Nursery and Preschool wish to appoint an experienced Preschool Assistant role to support the teaching in our thriving, nurturing school, due to a recent increase in numbers.
By having our own pre-school it has enabled us at Cedars to provide a full all-round nurturing, stimulating and educational environment for children from the age of 2yrs.
We have two roles to cover; 21 hours as a Preschool Assistant 8.30-12.30 pm (+ 3.30-4.30 pm each Monday for Team Planning) and another 3 hours as an MDS in the Infant School (12.30-1.05 each day) (Please note that timing may alter slightly due to Covid restrictions)
This is a term time only role (including 5 training days) paid at Scale D.
Salary Pre-School Assistant - £8,917 - £9,095 per annum
Salary Midday Supervisor - £1,193 - £1,216 per annum
Previous applicants need not apply.
The post is fixed term until July 21st 2021, in the first instance, however the retention rate of staff in our setting is extremely high and staff who express an interest in additional hours are usually accommodated. Many Preschool staff also seek additional professional development, by requesting to work within the Infant School, in order to progress their future career options.
The successful applicant will be working within the Pre-School assisting the other Pre-school staff in providing an effective learning environment and planning appropriate learning opportunities for the children; 2yr to 5yr olds.
All FS staff are supported through a cycle of Supervision Meetings with their Line manager, on a regular basis.
At Exhall Cedars we are excited about, and committed to becoming an 'Attachment Aware,Trauma Informed' school and expect every member of our staff team to have the same commitment.
Main roles and responsibilities:-
- Deliver and participate in play with the children under the over-all direction of the Pre-School Manager
- To observe each child’s progress and report on their achievement by contributing to each child’s on-line Learning Journal and speaking with parents / carers.
- To be responsible for a small group of Key Worker children; planning, online learning journals, data collection and analysis and report writing. (Training will be provided if required)
- To support the Pre-School Manager in the overall planning of activities based on the EYFS, which are suitable for the pre-school age range
- Ensure that resources/materials/equipment are maintained and clean, reporting loss/damage or low stock to supervisor
- Attend meetings as required, including parent evenings and training sessions.
- Prepare and serve refreshments/snacks/meals and clear away after • Assist children with their meals and encourage good table manners
- Set up and clear away after play session/activities
- Work within the Children’s Act, adhering to standards and guidelines
Previous experience of working within the EY is essential, and preferable that they have worked with children from 2yrs to 5yrs.
A minimum of NVQ L3 is essential.
- Minimum of a NVQ L3 with high ambitions for yourself and a commitment to provide every child with the best possible start in life.
- Extensive experience of working within the Foundation Stage and in supporting children with SEND.
- To have a good knowledge and understanding of either the FS curriculum or KS1 Curriculum and the end of year expectations.
- Able to initiate ideas and put them into practice.
- Have a positive outlook and respond positively to challenge.
- Be a real team player for the good of the staff, children and school as a whole; developing good personal relationships within a team.
- Relates well to children and is intuitively responsive to all their needs, with a particular focus on their general well-being.
- Competent use of ICT to enhance children’s learning.
- To competently use clear, grammatically correct spoken and written English.
- The skills of an excellent, creative, successful practitioner with a dedication and determination to secure good and better progress and raise attainment for all children.
- A genuine interest in how young children learn and develop.
- The ability to work as part of a team to plan, teach and assess effectively for the next steps in children’s learning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to developing and maintaining close links with the whole community.
- A flexible approach to challenge and change.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Visits to look around the school to meet the children and / or speak with Miss Vaughan, the Preschool Manager, are warmly welcomed, and would take place in-line with our Covid Risk Assessment.
Interviews would be on site, socially distanced. Those successfully called to interview would be observed for no more than 15 mins working with children. (Under Covid restrictions) You may wear a visor and / or a mask during the observation.
(A visor will be provided upon request or applicants can bring their own, they should also provide their own mask should they wish to wear one.
Closing Date: Tuesday 22nd September 2020 @ 10am
Interview Date: Wednesday 30th pm 2020
Offers will be subject to satisfactory references. Applications will only be accepted on the attached Application From (no CVs please), which should either be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the school: Trenance Road, Exhall, Coventry. CV21 7FJ
If you think that this is a post that would interest you and you are ready for a new challenge then please call and have a chat about the role. We would love to meet you; due to Covid you would need to wear a mask inside the building and follow our Covid procedures whilst on site.
Application forms are available to print online. *Please note ONLY application made on the form provided will be considered.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Disqualifications; medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references; one from your last employer and the other may be a character reference. All job offers are subject to satisfactory references.