3 days left
The Insight Team's role is to question, influence and provide understanding to make life better in Coventry.
The Insight Team collects, analyses, interprets and publishes a wide range of insights about the city, and engages with residents, communities and partners to champion a culture of evidence-based decision-making across Coventry.
Activities undertaken by the Insight team include:
- Business intelligence
- Customer and location intelligence
- Engagement and consultation support
- Evaluative research
- Performance management
- Partnership working
- Providing advice and guidance on equalities and diversity issues and ensuring the Council discharges its Public Sector Equality Duty
Areas of work supported by the Insight team include:
- Children's services
- Compliments, comments and complaints
- Customer services
- Geographical information systems
- Growth and prosperity
- Housing and homelessness
- Local land and property gazetteer
- Population health management
- Social care
We are looking for an Analyst to join the Insight (Social Care) team your focus being on Children social care working within a very busy, innovative, forward thinking team. We are looking to work together with Children’s Social Care to bring about positive change in the lives of young people in the city.
Your role will be to
- Deliver insight, analysis and intelligence to drive change, ensuring that this is supported by robust quantitative and/or qualitative data.
- Supporting OFSTED inspections through providing analysis and intelligence and explaining our story of ongoing improvement.
- Build and develop various dashboards using PowerBI and reports utilising SSRS and SQL, extracting data from data-warehouses.
- Utilise techniques in statistical analysis and modelling and /or qualitative research methodologies
- Develop expertise in different areas of Children’s social care, working together with the service area to understand trends, service needs and opportunities
- Develop timely, robust and relevant understanding of key issues, providing interpretation of the strength of existing evidence
Who are we looking for?
The Insight Team champions a culture of better decisions through evidence and engagement across the city and the Council. We utilise our unique position of having oversight of the interdependencies and impact of multiple changes to influence important decisions for the city and its citizens.
You’ll have excellent analytical and numeracy skills and the ability to write clearly and communicate complex data to different audiences using a variety of techniques.
Your knowledge and understanding of SQL in managing relational database systems and reporting would be an advantageous for this post.
You’ll also be an excellent communicator, able to explain and present complex data to a wide range of audiences, working together with the service area and partner organisations as well as having excellent team working skills.
When applying for this role you will be asked to write a personal statement, please include the following information in your statement:
- Knowledge and understanding of the use of qualitative and quantitative research methods and data analysis;
- Knowledge of Children’s social care
- Your excellent presentation skills to communicate complex data to different audiences using a variety of techniques
- Your excellent ICT Skills including SQL, PowerBI and Excel to extract, report and present data
- The ability to manage various projects at the same time, with high levels of expectation to deliver to tight timescales
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
All attachments for the job can be found here
Interview date: 16th October 2020Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
For full details on the application process please read the attached document labelled Coventry CC Application process.