Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages - Ref: TV16620
Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages, The Streetly Academy
Date posted: Friday 11 September 2020
Closing date: Sunday 20 September 2020
Start Date: January 2021
Salary: MPS/UPS + benefits
Contract Term: Permanent
Contract Type: Full Time
Do you love Languages and want to share your passion with a new generation? Then this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
The Academy offers a unique blend of tradition and future, seeking the highest standards of behaviour and appearance, whilst maintaining an emphasis on harnessing technologies, and exploring every avenue in improving teaching, learning, and assessment.
We are proud of our sport specialism, and make every effort to ensure all students are given the opportunity to develop and progress, in terms of health and leadership, via the avenue of PE and Sport. This links closely to our PRIDE values, which are based on the Olympic and Paralympic values.
We can offer you:
- A considerate employer with regard for your well being and family priorities
- A health care plan to cover some of the costs of keeping you well such as dental, physio and eye care, with the addition of counselling and fast track to consultant appointments should you be carrying the worry of a health scare
- Excellent professional development / guidance and opportunities to progress through our extensive CPD program
- Friendly and supportive colleagues
- Every member of staff and student is equipped with a Chromebook device to aid innovative teaching and reduce workload
- Students that are helpful, with good manners and take pride in their appearance.
- A wide variety of clubs, trips, events and opportunities
- Free onsite parking and access to our onsite gym and padel tennis courts.
We are looking for:
- A qualified and enthusiastic team player who has a passion for the subject and an ability to bring it to life in the classroom.
- A teacher who is committed to delivering active and engaging learning, which enthuses young people and motivates them to want to succeed
- A teacher who can set targets that stretch and challenge students of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions
- A teacher with a continued commitment to their own professional development
Applications are welcomed from both newly qualified and experienced teachers. The successful applicant will be supported by an excellent department. For NQTs, we provide our highly successful NQT programme where you will train alongside other NQTs. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of teaching. Every member of staff receives the opportunity to complete full Level 1 TEEP (Teacher Effectiveness Enhancement Programme) training course for 3 days.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a progressive school and departments that thrive on good humour and team work then please visit our website at www.thestreetlyacademy.co.uk . Last date for receipt of completed applications is midnight on Sunday 20 September 2020. Interviews to be held week commencing 5 October 2020.