Teacher of Mathematics - Chaselea Alternative Provision Academy
Full Time Teacher of Mathematics
Required for January 1st 2021, this is a rare opportunity to join us on our pursuit to become an 'outstanding' Alternative Provision Academy and centre of excellence for inclusive education. This is an exciting time to join the Chaselea family as we continue our new journey with a new Headteacher and having joined the Manor Hall Academy Trust.
Chaselea is proud to:
- be a pastorally centered, supportive and improvement focused school;
- have a supportive, forward thinking and positive leadership team;
- show commitment to workload regulation and staff wellbeing;
- teach in small class sizes enabling rapid progress and maximum achievement;
- be innovative, flexible and continually review our progressive curriculum;
- offer genuine opportunity to develop personally and professionally;
- be open to innovation, new ideas and developmental suggestions;
- work in partnership with the District, services and Local Authority for the betterment of the young people.
Can you engage young people to improve educational experiences and life chances?
- Are you inclusive, empathetic and supportive?
- Are you solution focused, positive and determined?
- Are you skilled at building relationships with challenging learners and their families?
- Are you confident to adapt, push and develop your daily practice?
- Are you an excellent mathematics teacher able to impart your knowledge and enthusiasm?
- Are you looking to make a real difference to a young person’s life?
If you can honestly say 'yes' to these questions, we want to meet you and welcome anyone wishing to visit the school prior to application. We have set aside three appointments for tours to meet key staff and tour the school. These are Monday 21st September, Monday 28th September and Monday 5th October; each at 10:00 – 11:00.
Chaselea strives to provide an “outstanding” educational experience, delivering GCSE and Vocational courses at KS4, and an innovative core subject and topic based curriculum at KS3. Staff are encouraged to develop skills outside their specialism and to contribute you the combined efforts of the small, committed team that are held in high regard by our pupils and the community. To do this we need a supportive, hard-working, caring and passionate team made up of outstanding teachers and empathetic support staff.
We are looking for a stand-out candidate to teach both KS3 and GCSE mathematics to our young people. Young people who have, for whatever reason; not succeeded within mainstream education. As we look to assist these pupils return to mainstream, support them to a more specialized setting, or look after them until the end of their statutory education; we need the right person to extend our team and offering/provision yet further.
Alongside our commitment to safeguarding and pupil welfare, we proactively address work-life balance and staff wellbeing.
This position is subject to references and an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation if Offenders Act 1974.
Closing date for applications: 14:00 Monday 12th October 2020
Short listing: 14:30 Monday 12th October 2020
Interviews: Thursday 15th October 2020
Please post or email application forms and recruitment monitoring forms:
F.A.O. Mr Paul Archer, Head Teacher, Chaselea Alternative Provision Academy, Avon Road, Cannock, WS11 1LH
Tel: 01543 227095