ICT Technician - Baginton Fields School
Permanent ICT Technician required for immediate start, term time plus 2 weeks.
We are looking for an ICT Technician to join our school team, 35 hours per week 8.30am – 4.00pm, Monday to Friday, term-time plus 2 weeks.
Baginton Fields School is a special educational needs school for pupils between the ages of 11 and 19 years old. We are a welcoming and friendly school where everyone works together as a team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has excellent ICT and communication skills
- Has well-developed analytical, planning and organisational skills
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality, data protection and security awareness in relation to all school matters
- Has a positive approach to change and challenge
- Is flexible and adaptable
- Can work well as part of a team
- Has previous experience of working as an ICT Technician
- Ability to manage own time effectively and prioritise own workload.
- Has excellent Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Is committed to Safeguarding
Main Duties will include:
- Install and test new software and equipment purchased by the school.
- Maintain and update the school website ensuring information is current, of high quality and presents a positive image of the school.
- Process and maintain all related documentation for the network including standard operating procedures, record systems and stock control giving due regard to GDPR, Health and Safety and relevant legislation e.g. software licences, including giving advice and guidance to teaching staff on such matters.
- Assist, train and liaise with staff in the development of ICT within the school and maintain technical competence and awareness of products, e.g. developing the use of the Internet including website development, digital media, video conferencing and ensuring anti-virus software is updated.
- Establish and maintain user Email accounts.
- Assist users with account issues.
- Maintain the effectiveness of the schools hardware systems (incl. repairs and upgrades).
- Maintain and develop the school network.
- Investigate viability and application of emerging technology relevant to the school setting.
- Present training and professional development for staff as required.
- Provide IT and AV for whole school events and day-to-day curriculum support.
- Line manage a supporting IT member of staff.
- Provide first line support to administrative staff.
Salary: Grade 5 point 12 (£22,183) – point 23 (£27,741) per annum pro rata.
Actual Annual Salary (£18,954 - £23,253)
Please apply online by the closing date of 12 noon on 28th September 2020. If applicants require further information, please contact the school or see the school website: www.bagintonfields.coventry.sch.uk
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Informal visits to the school are welcome by appointment
Telephone: 02476 303 854
Baginton Fields School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All staff are expected to share and demonstrate this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and reference checks.