Teaching Assistant-Additional Needs Level 2 (Oxhey First School)
5 days left
We are seeking to appoint 3 enthusiastic and experienced temporary (term time) Teaching Assistants (Additional Needs Level 2) to work within Oxhey First School ( Biddulph,) Kingsfield First School (Biddulph) or Knypersley First School (Biddulph) teams from as soon as possible.
The school will be dependent on the experience and preference of the successful applicants.
You must be experienced in working on a 1:1 with primary aged children in a school setting and would ideally hold a level 3 qualification or equivalent.
You will need to demonstrate:
- your ability to work as part of a very enthusiastic team
- commitment, flexibility and energy
- positive and reflective behavioural management skills
- a sound knowledge of the EYFS curriculum and KS1 national curriculum and assessment
- a willingness to undertake suitable training for your own professional development.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Provide structured support in accordance with specific work programmes designed and supervised by individual teachers.
- Support pupils’ access to learning using appropriate strategies, resources etc.
- Support the teacher in the implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans.
- Work with other staff in adjusting learning activities as appropriate.
- Assist the teacher in monitoring pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed.
- Be responsible for keeping and updating records as agreed with other staff, contributing to reviews of systems/records as requested.
- Assist in the implementation of appropriate behaviour management strategies.
- Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers, exchanging information, facilitating their support for their child.
- Support provision for pupils with additional needs both on a 1:1 and within a whole class situation.
- Promote pupil independence.
The closing date for this post will be Monday 28th September and interviews will take place during the week beginning Monday 5th October 2020
Visits to the school are highly recommended. Please contact the Mrs Nicki Smith via email: email@example.com to discuss the roles and book an appointment to visit the relevant school.
“This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people / vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.