Kates Hill Primary School
Salary Grade 1 (£4,822.16)
LLMAT ESTATES MANAGER
Purpose of the Job
Cleaners are responsible for a wide range of cleaning duties and responsibilities, which include ensuring that areas of work allocated are cleaned to the required standard/specification.
- Thoroughly cleaning areas to the required specification, as directed, using correct techniques and cleaning equipment.
- Safe removal of litter and waste to allocated disposal points, taking particular care with liquids, broken glass or other substances, which may be unsafe to other staff or pupils.
- Locking and unlocking windows and doors as directed.
- Undertaking training in use of methods, materials and equipment, as instigated by your Supervisor.
- Working safely using correct warning signs, protective clothing and safety equipment, being mindful of hazards to other staff and pupils. Compliance with the Health & Safety practices of the School.
- Replenishing supplies of toiletries, plastic bags etc., as directed.
- Ensuring all containers of cleaning agents are correctly labelled before use and are used safely and in compliance with manufacturers written instructions and that all chemicals are securely stored away when not in use.
- Emptying vacuum cleaners and buffer vacuum bags at the end of each session. Cleaning and checking all equipment used after use, checking cables for wear and tear and storing away in a suitable safe area. Notifying supervisor of any faults found.
- Ensure mops, cloths etc., are washed and left to dry as appropriate at the end of each session.
- Reporting immediately to your Supervisor any defective electrical sockets, lighting, vandalism etc., in your cleaning area.
- Ensuring Supervisor is aware of low stock levels of materials and equipment for which you are responsible.
- Assist in keeping chemicals and cleaning materials and equipment storage areas in a clean and tidy condition.
- Covering on a rota basis for absent colleagues when required, which may involve some change in hours/times.
- Any other related duties, as directed by your Supervisor.
- To be accountable for and promote equality, diversity and community cohesion to meet Council, Directorate and Service objectives. All employees have a responsibility not only for their own behaviour, but also for others regarding equality of opportunity. Any incident must be reported.
- To participate in a Performance Review and Development meeting and undertake a plan of training where necessary. Develop his/her own skills and expertise in a professional manner.
- In addition to all the responsibilities listed above, all employees must be flexible in their approach and undertake other duties that are commensurate with post holder’s level, wherever they may be, to achieve the objectives of the Directorate.
- To represent the Council and Directorate in a professional manner meeting the Corporate and Directorate aims. To comply with Directorate and Corporate policies.
- If appropriate to be responsible for the recruitment and performance management of designated teams and individuals in accordance with Corporate and Directorate aims and management style.
- To comply with the council’s financial regulation and standing orders
- To actively promote Dudley’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults at a level appropriate to this group.
- Employees must comply with health and safety legislation and will be required to comply with the Council’s Health and Safety Policies. All employees must ensure that they take reasonable care of their own health and safety as well as the health and safety of any person that is affected by their actions.
- To be responsible for adhering to legislative requirements and Council Policies and Procedures including, but not exclusively health & safety, Data Protection and Internet/Email use.
Please apply using the attached application form and send completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prepared By (Section/Mgr)
Kathryn Harvey, Headteacher