Contract, Grants and Project Officer
We are looking for a great communicator and project manager with an enthusiasm to work alongside the many statutory, voluntary and community sector organisations operating within Solihull.
You will support the delivery of the commissioning portfolio of Communities and Partnerships. This will include the review, evaluation and performance management of contracts relating to third sector development and the delivery of housing, homelessness and advice services.
This is an exciting role which provides an opportunity for you to work collaboratively in order to achieve planned outcomes and make a real difference to the lives of our residents.
You will be supporting the division to:
- develop our knowledge of the needs in relation to Solihull’s prevention and early intervention offer,
- ensure effective service responses are in place, and
- inform our current and future commissioning activities in these areas
You will have:
- A relevant degree or significant relevant knowledge and skills built up through extended experience of project delivery and / or contract management
- Experience of partnership work with evidence of being able to promote effective working relationships across organisational boundaries
- Previous experience of managing projects to deliver agreed outputs with evidence of managing priorities and resources effectively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues, customers and external agencies
- The ability to gather, analyse and interpret data and information from various sources
In return , as well as having responsibility for developing and managing existing contracts you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of new projects arising from priorities in the Communities and Partnerships division which will create the conditions for communities in Solihull to thrive.
We also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlements with opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Family and carer friendly policies
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including subsidised travel passes, Cycle 2 Work Scheme and a staff discount card.
There may be the occasional need for the post holder to work outside of normal contracted hours, including some weekends and evening work.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Gemma Thompson, Housing Strategy & Commissioning Lead on 0121 704 8187 or Sara Rooney, Voluntary & Community Sector Development Lead on 0121 704 6713.
Interviews will be held week commencing 12 October 2020. Please be advised that due current restrictions, video interviews may be required. Shortlisted candidates will be notified accordingly.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job description and person Specification