Learning Support Practitioner - Hanbury Primary School
Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of our children during these challenging times? Do you want to work in a nurturing school, where we care about every child and member of staff? If so, the children of Hanbury Primary School are looking for you!
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated and highly skilled LSP, to join our team of strong support staff. The role will require a high level of experience of planning and delivering a range of interventions, as well as assessing pupils’ work. We are looking for someone who is also flexible, and can adapt their teaching to the needs of our children.
“You are passionate about giving all pupils the best possible chance of succeeding in the future” (Ofsted Feb 2017)
We can offer you:
• support from a very experienced and supportive staff
• a supportive and ambitious governing body
• well-behaved and enthusiastic children
• training specifically targeted to your position in school
• a bright, modern and well-resourced school building and environment
• line management from a HLTA within your phase, as well as an AHT
We are looking for a learning support practitioner who is:
• highly motivated, enthusiastic and wants to make a difference everyday
• patient, but firm with rules and boundaries
• able to develop positive relationships with our children and families
• able to offer first class support to the children
• able to deliver a wide range of intervention packages to the children
• able to work as a team and be flexible to meet the needs of the children and the school.
• can adapt interventions and resources, to ensure we are meeting the needs of each child.
• able to work with other professionals and act on advice given
Please note candidates may be observed working with children as part of the recruitment process.
32.5 hours per week, fixed term contract until 31st July 2021
Band D SCP 9 - 17 (£20,903 - £24,491 pro rata) (Actual salary £15,889 - £18,781)
Hanbury Primary School, Hanbury Road, West Bromwich B70 9NT
30th September 2020 at 12 noonSupporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification