Clerical Assistant (Squirrel Hayes First School)
SQUIRREL HAYES FIRST SCHOOL
Tel: 01782 297886
Clerical Assistant Grade 1
Part time required on a permanent contract (term time only)
Start date: Monday 12th October 2020
Hours: 9.5hrs per week (12.30pm – 3.30pm Thursday) & (8.30am – 3.30pm Friday) More hours may be considered in the future
Grade 1 (£17,842 pro rata)
The children, parents, staff and Governors of Squirrel Hayes First School are looking to appoint an experienced, effective and organised Clerical Assistant with excellent inter-personal skills and ‘can do’ attitude. This person should be motivated and conscientious with the ability to work under pressure within our busy office and on their own initiative.
We are a creative and forward thinking learning community where ‘Everyone and Every Child Matters’.
We are a Good school (Ofsted Sept 2018)
We offer :
- A supportive and dedicated staff team.
- A personalised and reflective approach to learning for all.
- An exciting and busy learning environment
- Well behaved and hard working pupils who are keen to learn and enjoy school.
We are looking for a motivated and highly organised individual who has experience in:
- Undertaking reception duties with strong communication skills
- Undertaking routine administrative and financial procedures.
- Supporting in the development of office systems and processes.
- Accurately maintaining manual & computerized records/management information systems, responding to queries
- Liaising with parents, visitors, external agencies and members of the school's learning community.
- Operating office equipment with good ICT skills/knowledge
- Working constructively as part of a team.
Interested candidates, are warmly welcomed to visit the school (following COVID-19 safety measures) to meet the staff and have an informal chat about the position.
Closing date: Wednesday 7th October 2020 at 10.00am
Shortlisting: Wednesday 7th October 2020
Interviews: Friday 9th October 2020
To apply for this post please download the listed documents from the Available Documents Section. All application forms should be returned directly to the school with a supporting letter detailing experience, strengths and reasons why you should be short-listed.
"This Authority/school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment"
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.crb.gov.uk