Teaching Assistant Level 3 - Millbrook Primary School
Millbrook Primary School
Grainger Drive, Leegomery, Telford,
Tel: 01952 387640
One to One Teaching Assistant
Term time only; 26.25 hours per week
Fixed term to the end of Spring Term 2021
Scale 3 Pt 5 - £10.01 per hour
We require a suitably qualified and well-trained Teaching Assistant to support a child who has complex SEND needs in a KS1 class. The successful candidate must have a good understanding and knowledge of school curriculum and experience of supporting children with complex SEND needs.
They must also;
- Develop excellent relationships with children and demonstrate that they can remain calm and respond consistently to children in all situations.
- Be committed to inclusion and remove barriers to learning to achieve positive outcomes for the most vulnerable children.
- Demonstrate high levels of flexibility, resilience and empathy.
- Be a positive individual with a solution-focussed attitude and a good work ethic.
- Be able to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as being able to use own initiative to ensure children’s progression.
- Be a reflective practitioner who is willing to receive and act upon feedback and attend relevant training.
- Be a confident communicator, both written and verbally, with experience in liaising with children and parents, as well as with other professionals such as; community nurses, occupational health and physiotherapist.
Full training and on-going support for 1:1 working will be given.
Visits to the school are welcomed but will be arranged for after school due to the need to observe social distancing in school. Visitors will also be asked to wear a face covering. If however you would prefer a detailed conversation about the requirements of the post, please contact school and ask to speak to Jo Edwards, Assistant Head for SEND and Inclusion 01952 387640 or email your request for a phone call to email@example.com
Application forms and further details are available below or directly from the school. Sorry but CV’s will not be accepted. All completed application forms should be sent to the school at firstname.lastname@example.org The appointment will be subject to enhanced CRB clearance for the successful applicant.
Closing Date: Noon – Monday 28th September 2020
Interview Date: w/c 5th October 2020
Details of SEND TA Post