Early Years Pre-school Assistant
Part Time: 18.50 hours per week - Monday, Thursday 9.15 am – 3.15 pm Friday: 9.00 – 5.45 pm. - Term Time
We are seeking part time, qualified Early Years Practitioners to work in our Pippins Pre-school, which is based at Flyford Flavell Primary school.
We are looking for an individual who takes real pride in their work and is highly committed to providing the highest quality of care and bringing the best out their team. You will be responsible for making sure that all children remain safe and that their welfare is promoted. You will also take on the role of key person for a group of children, and, through effective observations, assessment and planning, supporting their rapid progress towards the Early Learning Goals.
Our pre-school has an excellent reputation for offering high quality care and education for children from 2 years old. You will be part of a team who are really dedicated to their work within early years.
You must hold a recognised Level 3 Childcare qualification (NVQ 3 in Children’s Care, Learning and Development)
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience of caring for children aged 0-5
- An understanding of how children learn, and the early learning goals
- A passion to provide high-quality childcare
- A positive approach to your own professional development
- Good written and verbal skills - for report writing, maintaining written records and sharing information with parents and colleagues.
- An ability to plan and prepare exciting and challenging activities for individual children and for groups of children; to promote their learning
- Excellent communication skills; with children, parents/carers and colleagues
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Confidence, commitment, enthusiasm and warmth - ensuring the children get the best care and start to their early learning
- An ability to work as part of a team
- A sense of joy when working with young children.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Further information can be obtained from the school - Tel: 01386 462228
Closing date: 2nd October 2020