£24,000 to £36,000 dependent on experience
Hours: 41 per week
We are currently recruiting for a SEN teacher, to deliver a range of subjects across KS3 and 4. Arc School Ansley School is specifically designed to be a low arousal, calm and nurturing environment in which young people can learn and grow. All of our pupils have Autism and complex needs, therefore experience in this area is essential.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable autistic young people to learn
- Be a class tutor, ensuring pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
- Teach a range of subjects across the curriculum and lead in a subject area
- The willingness to plan and deliver lessons which teaches essential and life skills
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
- Adhere to all working protocols
- Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
- Proven ability that you are an excellent teacher with a lively and effective classroom teaching style, which engages and motivates young people
- An excellent knowledge of your specialist curriculum area curriculum and how it may be effectively taught, along with an ability and willingness to teach other areas of the curriculum.
- Previous experience of delivering your specialist subject area to at least GCSE level
- Experience of working with children with SEN, SEMH or ASC
- A commitment to engaging young people, with a willingness to bring new ideas to the curriculum for both in and out of the classroom
Arc School Ansley is part of the Kedleston Group and opened in 2014.
We are an independent specialist day school in Ansley, a lovely small village, for children and young people aged between 11 and 17.
Our experienced team is dedicated to providing outstanding education to children and young people a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Condition, who may have many associated needs such as; social, emotional and mental health needs, communication needs and cognition and learning needs.
Many of our young people have experienced significant difficulties in mainstream school as a result of their associated social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We support our children and young people through specialist teaching and intervention including a range of therapeutic supports.
In return for your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and other benefits including enhanced contributory pension scheme for qualified teachers, comprehensive induction and ongoing training and professional development opportunities, refer-a-friend rewards, perks at work, employee assistance programme, birthday treats, employee of the month awards, cycle to work scheme.
Kedleston Group Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.