We are looking to appoint a Site Officer who is hardworking, conscientious and who takes pride in their work. The role will be working full time 41 hours a week 52 weeks of the year. Split shift pattern to facilitate the opening and locking of the school premises.
Arc School Ansley is part of the Kedleston Group and opened in 2014. We are an independent special day school in Ansley a lovely small village, for children and young people aged between 11 and 16. Our experienced team supports children and young people with various complex educational, social and emotional needs, mostly associated with autism. The school supports young people with various co-existing needs, some of which are associated with the challenges of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, attachment disorder, SEMH, dyslexia and dyspraxia.
- previous experience in a similar role
- ability to respond and adapt to the needs of the school
- reliability, honesty and trustworthiness
- good communication skills
- ability to work effectively with children, other staff, parents, contractors and the wider school community
- attention to detail and the highest standards of care and maintenance of the site and grounds
- understanding of the need for confidentiality when working in a school setting
- an excellent attendance and time keeping record
- friendly and personable nature
- teamworker who can also work using own initiative
- regular in-house training focusing on your individual interests and areas of development
- staff benefits (refer-a-friend, employee assistance, discounts, birthday vouchers, employee of the month award)
- generous annual leave entitlement
- auto enrolment pension contribution after an initial postponement period
- strong staff support network in a well-established team
- the opportunity to attend a variety of enrichment activities with the children
Kedleston Schools Limited (“Kedleston”) is the parent company of Arc School Ansley. It is an independent organisation which owns and operates a group of schools/homes for children with a range of special educational needs. Kedleston’s vision is to become the most respected provider of specialist schooling in the country.
We would love to hear from you if you feel that you meet the requirements for the role and share our passion and commitment to developing confident and capable young people by meeting their educational, health and social care needs in structured, nurturing school and home provisions.
Kedleston Group Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.