Registered Manager- New Children's Home
- Competitive Salary
- 40 hours per week
Are you a Registered Manager or experienced Deputy looking for a new challenge? We are offering an exciting opportunity to set up and open our second solo-placement Children’s Home in Birmingham.
As part of our strategy, we have developed our Hub and Spoke model which includes a "hub" four-bed children's home, with multiple one-bed "spokes" within the same area. Young people move between homes depending on the level of support they require.
We are now planning the opening of our second spoke home and we need an exceptional manager to get this exciting new venture up and running. We have high aspirations for our young people and need the best staff and managers to help our children to realise their potential.
St Christopher’s is a leading and experienced charity for children and young people. We provide children’s homes, foster care, homes for young people leaving care and specialist community based support services. We ask young people what they think and involve them in decision making, from helping to shape new services to interviewing new members of staff. Our social pedagogic approach is our core philosophy of care. Put simply this is a holistic approach for building positive relationships with young people to bring out their inner “diamond”.
About the Role
We have a passionate commitment to our young people, placing them at the centre of everything we do and as the homes (registered) Manager; you will be a key player in building and extending this commitment.
You will recruit lead and support a team of 5, Deputy Manager, Team Leader and three Residential Workers, all committed to transforming lives and creating positive outcomes. In addition we have an in house team of Therapists providing support to staff and young people within the home.
The successful candidate will have
- Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare and, be either working towards or be prepared to undertake Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare, within the next 3 years.
- 2 years’ experience working in a role relevant to the residential care of Children, within the last 5 years.
- At least one year experience of staff supervision and management responsibility within the care sector.
- A passion for achieving the best possible outcomes for young people.
- Excellent leadership and staff management abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to deliver at least ‘good’ in the home’s Ofsted inspection.
- Sound business awareness and a flair for promoting the service.
- Flexibility, drive and resilience.
This role will involve some shift work plus some on call duties in the evening and at weekends. Applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS (police) checks.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata.
- Industry Leading training programme including Young People’s right and participation, CSE, empowerment, mental health, Social Pedagogy
- Contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers.
- Discount shopping scheme, to save money at hundreds of retailers across the UK.
- Discretionary Funded Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career within our range of services.
At St Christopher’s we are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people in our care. During the recruitment process you will be expected to complete an online application form to ensure we capture essential information to meet legislation, best practice and vetting requirements.
Applicants will ideally already be on the DBS Update Service; if this is not the case St Christopher's will carry out a DBS (police) check prior to starting.
Your online application must include a supporting statement addressing the criteria stated in the Person Specification.
Closing Date: 11th November 2020
For more information or assistance during the application process, please visit our website.
St Christopher’s Fellowship has a minimum age requirement of 21 for roles working directly with children and young people in our residential and semi-independent Homes.
St Christopher’s is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We particularly encourage applications from people from diverse ethnic backgrounds, males and older candidates, who are currently under-represented within management grades at St Christopher’s Fellowship.