Transportation Strategy Manager
Title: Transportation Strategy Manager
Location: Plough Lane
Salary: £38,890.00 - £42,821.00
Closing date: 29/10/2020
We are looking for an experienced professional with relevant transport planning or highway/civil engineering qualifications and experience to manage a team of transport planners and lead on the council's development of transport policy and strategy, funding bids and support for transport infrastructure and project delivery.
The declared climate emergency is due to drive significant changes in how we plan for transport and travel over coming decades. This is an exciting and challenging time to be planning delivering transport improvements in a rural local transport authority, albeit one which also experiences a number of the same transport challenges of more urban locations. The council is currently reviewing its transport strategy and the successful applicant will be able to play a leading role in taking the review forward, pursuing funding opportunities, developing innovative transport solutions and working with our members, stakeholders and partners to take policy and strategy into delivery.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate experience and results in the following areas:
- Development of transport policy and strategy
- transport planning research and surveys to identify relevant evidence and information to support decision making and transport solutions/policies/strategies
- The ability to manage projects and deliver outputs/outcomes on time
- Commissioning and directing technical/professional studies
- Managing people and supporting personal and professional development of team members
- working in a political environment and communicating technical information to non technical stakeholders/managers including the capability and skills to deliver clear technical and non technical written reports.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
Holidays: 25 days per year plus 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
Pension: LGS pension scheme
Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts. We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: firstname.lastname@example.org