Teacher Primary and Secondary (Portland School & Specialist College)
Primary Teacher-Keystage 1 and 2
Portland is a successful school meeting the needs of children and young people who experience Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties. We have a growing reputation for being at the cutting edge of innovation, especially with our work around attachment disorder, emotion coaching, and our creative, enquiry led curriculum.
Portland School is expanding and now has two sites:
- Trent Vale – Primary pupils
- Blythe Bridge – Secondary pupils
You will join the school at a really exciting time, we have a lot to offer:
- You will be working as part of a dedicated and supportive team
- You will be leading teaching assistants in ensuring excellent engagement in learning
- You will be working in a ground-breaking school, providing education in a therapeutic environment
- You will have opportunity to propose and carry out Action Research with children who suffer early childhood trauma and attachment difficulties
- You will engage in quality Continued Professional Development
- You will take pride in the progress made by vulnerable young people
- You will be part of continuing to develop a thematic curriculum appropriate for pupils with SEMH difficulties
Do you have what it takes?
- Are you a good/outstanding practitioner
- Can you create a safe, nurturing and empathic learning environment?
- Do you have a positive ‘can do’ philosophy?
- Do you have excellent interpersonal skills (liking and respecting people)?
- Do you have a good/outstanding track record of teaching and learning?
- Can you support and develop children’s positive behaviour choices?
We are looking for outstanding people eager to grow and flourish within our school.
Ofsted judged us as a good school; we believe we are on the journey to great. If you would like to know more about us, please contact us to arrange a visit.
Salary: Teacher main pay range plus SEN1, Full time, permanent post
Closing date: 12pm 09/11/20
Interview Date: week commencing 16th November 2020
Start date: January 2021
Application forms are available on our website:
Tel. 01782 882020 option 1