Community Outreach Workers x 4
4 days left
FOUR POSTS AVAILABLE –
These posts will support Warmer Homes West Midlands which is an ambitious partnership programme to provide for the very first time, a universal, top-level energy advice service for the fuel poor across the seven urban local authority areas in the West Midlands Combined Authority area. This is a
large-scale energy advice programme that will help 7,500 vulnerable households
The scheme will provide a holistic approach to tackling fuel poverty across the WMCA areas. These posts will be home based working within the community. The posted will be led by the following organisations.
Act on Energy will be recruiting two full time outreach workers to cover the Birmingham area. www.actonenergy.org.uk
Marches Energy Agency will be recruiting two full time out-reach workers covering, Sandwell, Walsall, Dudley and Wolverhampton – www.mea.org.uk
This role is ideally suited to individuals with experience of working on a one-to-one basis with vulnerable households/clients, families and their carers and ideally suited to those with experience working at engagement level in the health and social care sector with GP’s, Hospitals, other social care organisations, community groups, local authorities, and third sector organisations.
The Community Outreach Officers will be home based engaging with the community and its local support networks to provide support and advice to vulnerable residents at risk of fuel poverty. This support will lead to positive outcomes for residents reducing social isolation, improve health and wellbeing at the same time as tackling fuel poverty and helping households improve the energy efficiency of their homes, save money and improve the quality of their lives.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be supporting households through the provision of energy advice and onward support to ensure that vulnerable householders in fuel poverty are given the relevant support needed. This support will be holistic in its approach providing residents with advice on energy saving, income maximisation (through our partners), installation of low cost energy measures and onward referrals for physical interventions in their home.
You will take time to understand people’s needs and understand referral pathways to help seek solutions where needed.
You will also provide support to front line staff at partner agencies, such as GP’s, Social care teams, local authorities, the third sector etc so they can access and understand the relationship between warm homes and improved health outcomes.
You will work five days a week out in the community and from home with regular interaction with the team based at the offices of either Act on Energy or Marches Energy Agency, face to face when we can and online.
You will need to operate independently and have the skills to manage your workload from home, use our case management database and communications systems, understand privacy rules and safeguarding, and work as part of our team who will provide support/supervision, training and case meetings. You will need to demonstrate the following:
ADDITIONAL SKILL SETS
- To achieve agreed outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by your line manager
- To be committed to Act on Energy’s and March Energy Agency core values of public service, quality, equality, empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out.
- To ensure that all duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the General Data protection Act 2018 and other legislation
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with Act on Energy’s and Marches Energy Agency Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation
- The post holder is expected to work some weekends and evenings as required
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Liaise with the Public, Local Authorities and other bodies as required
The person specification is a picture of skills, knowledge and experience required to carry out the job. It will also be used in the short-listing and interview process for this post. You should demonstrate in your CV and covering letter how you meet each of the following essential criteria. Please ensure that you address each one of the criteria as this will be used to assess your suitability for the post.
- Experience of working with vulnerable customers/ households in the community
- Ability to fit low cost energy efficiency measures – training will be provided
- Knowledge and experience of housing, health and social care services
- Experience delivering advice and training sessions
- Ability to drive high standards in relation to customer service.
- Educated at least to A level or equivalent with an excellent standard of written English
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrate accurate numerical skills and have an eye for detail when processing information
- Excellent Self-management skills, to enable workload organisation from home, prioritisation, and implementation, with minimum supervision
- Flexible approach – demonstrating ability to respond positively to changes in allocation of work at short notice to set deadlines
- Commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice and to work with a diverse customer base.
- Excellent Computer skills including Microsoft word and excel
- Driving licence and use of own car
- Knowledge of domestic sustainable energy and affordable warmth issues
- Level 3 award in Energy Awareness desirable but not essential as training will be provided
- Good general knowledge of energy infrastructure in UK
- Experience of working in, or in support of, local or other statutory authorities
- Enthusiasm and commitment to environmental and social welfare objectives
- A flexible, dynamic and creative approach
- Other IT skills
PROPOSED SALARY & BENEFITS
£23,430 - £25,862 full time position
37.5 hours - Monday to Friday 9:00am & 5pm – Occasional weekend work may be required.
Holiday: 25 days per annum plus bank holidays
Workplace Pension Scheme
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and covering letter by email or post:
Att: Gareth Williams
Head of Operations
Act on Energy
Unit 1.4 Lauriston Park