Private Sector Accommodation Assistant
37.0 Hours per Week
Solihull Community Housing is an Arms Length Management Organisation (ALMO) responsible for managing the property portfolio, customers and surrounding estates on behalf of Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council (SMBC).
Reporting to the Private Sector Development Officer you will work as a team to source suitable accommodation in the private rented sector to meet the needs of those customers threatened with homelessness and those who are already homeless.
You will work closely with private landlords to negotiate and secure suitable, affordable accommodation that can be used to:
- Discharge our homeless duty.
- Prevent and relieve homelessness through supporting tenants to stay in existing suitable private tenancies or to access alternative private rented accommodation to meet their needs.
- Reduce stays in temporary accommodation.
- To be a point of contact for landlords and partner agencies to promote the services we can offer to landlords and other agencies and providers.
Excellent Customer Service and the ability to communicate effectively on all levels is essential in this role.
Previous experience of working closely with the private rented sector or social landlords would be an advantage together with experience of working with customers who have housing needs. Knowledge of private rented sector resources including accommodation, welfare benefits, property standards and relevant documentation for issuing tenancies is also required.
You will need to have good negotiation and influencing skills along with the ability to develop trust and effective working relationships.
Good communication skills both orally and written to be able to communicate with a wide range of persons i.e. customers, landlords colleagues and other partner agencies are also essential.
Other key skills required are:
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and manage changing priorities
- The ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team
- Ability to gather information, analyse it and respond proactively to meet set targets and timelines
- Ability to be flexible and be able to work outside normal working hours if required on occasion.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Paul Winwood, Private Sector Development Officer on 0121 779 8876.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
Solihull Community Housing is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Community Housing is committed to safeguarding and protecting children, young people and adults at risk and to promoting their welfare and requires all employees and volunteers share this commitment.Supporting documents
Job Description & Person Specification