Social Workers - Care Management
Do you have a clear vision of how you can improve the lives of children and young people?
Sandwell Children’s Trust are recruiting for Social Workers in Care Management and are looking for exceptional candidates who are passionate, committed and dedicated to improving the lives of children & young people.
Salary £30,451 - £40,876 plus a market supplement of £2,500* and the possibility of up to £6,500 relocation payment
At just 18 months old our fabulous teams have won awards for Community Cohesion (The Teamwork Programme) and Youth Justice of the Year Award at the UK wide 2019 Shine a Light Awards (Sandwell Youth Offending Service). Our Staff Award events highlight the amazing work delivered by our dedicated individuals and teams and gives us a chance to show our appreciation to all who are on the journey with us.
The Trust has recently secured funding from the Department of Education which will enable us to bring our ’12 reasons to work in Sandwell Children’s Trust’ to life, particularly around learning & development in offering development opportunities for all staff.
There are many reasons to become part of the Sandwell Children’s Trust team, here are our top 12 reasons why:
Our recent Ofsted visit reported that …..
- Sandwell Children’s Trust knows itself well.
- It has a robust performance framework which can provide it with accurate information about the quality of practice and the improvements to practice and outcomes for children still required.
- Senior staff understand that considerable improvements still need to be made.
- Progress has been made in ensuring that the first response to families and children in need is timely and, in most cases, recognises risk and the scale of intervention required.
- The workforce is increasingly stable and there have been further reductions in the use of agency staff, with some electing to work permanently for Sandwell.
At the heart of England with excellent transport links, Sandwell offers a wealth of amenities to enhance your work life balance. With house prices lower than the national average and an ever-developing infrastructure, living in Sandwell is an attractive prospect for many.
Not only this but with an abundance of history, culture, arts, shopping and sporting venues to enjoy PLUS the development of venues for the Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022, Sandwell really is an exciting place to be right now.
As a Social Worker working in the Trust you will:-
- Be responsible for a complex caseload of children and young people, conducting a range of assessments whilst listening to the views of the people you’re supporting.
- Whilst using best practice and ensuring all legislative requirements are met, you will deliver high quality children’s plans in a proactive and timely manner, with a strong emphasis on the child’s voice.
- Empower children, young people and their families/carers by listening to their views.
- Provide written reports, in a variety of different formats as required by the receiver of the court.
- You must be Social Work qualified with a good level of experience in working in a children and families setting and have managed a complex case load.
- Experience of Court Work
- A sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
- Ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
- Good knowledge of child development
- A clear decision maker and good team worker.
How to apply.
Interested, or have any questions? For an informal discussion contact our Recruitment team on 0121 569 6367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 31st October 2020
* This supplement will be an additional £2,500 per year paid monthly through normal salary arrangements, to permanent Social Workers and Team Managers working in Care Management. This market supplement does not apply to ASYEs until they move out of their first year.
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.Supporting documents
Band F Job description
Band F Person specification
Band G Job description
Band G Person specification
SCT My Employee Benefits