Social Workers - Safeguarding & Assessment Team
Job title: Social Workers – Safeguarding & Assessment
Do you have a clear vision of how you can improve the lives of children and young people?
Are you an inspirational and experienced Social Worker, one who listens, acts, connects and cares?
Yes? Then you may be just the fit we are looking for;
Sandwell Children’s Trust are recruiting for Social Workers for Safeguarding & Assessment, we are looking for exceptional candidates who are passionate, committed and dedicated to improving the lives of children & young people.
Salary range: £30,451 - £40,876 dependent on experience plus the possibility of up to £6,500 relocation package.
Since the Trust’s inception in April 2018 our fabulous teams have won awards for Community Cohesion (The Teamwork Programme) and Youth Justice of the Year Award at the UK wide 2019 Shine a Light Awards (Sandwell Youth Offending Service). Our Staff Award events highlight the amazing work delivered by our dedicated individuals and teams and gives us a chance to show our appreciation to all who are on this improvement journey with us.
The Trust has recently secured funding from the Department of Education which will enable us to bring our ’12 reasons to work in Sandwell Children’s Trust’ to life, particularly around learning & development in offering development opportunities for all staff. Please visit our 12 reasons via this hyperlink: https://www.sandwellchildrenstrust.org/work-with-us/
As a new Trust we are agile, we understand where we are in our journey, our recent Ofsted monitoring visits reported;
- Sandwell Children’s Trust knows itself well.
- Management oversight has improved
- The workforce is increasingly stable; continued to attract and retain staff.
- Recruited additional agency staff above its established workforce, recognising the need to reduce caseloads
- The social workers talked to all spoke positively about working for Sandwell Children’s Trust.
- Progress has been made in ensuring that the first response to families and children in need is timely
What can Sandwell offer?
At the heart of England with excellent transport links, Sandwell offers a wealth of amenities to enhance your work life balance. With house prices lower than the national average and an ever-developing infrastructure, living in Sandwell is an attractive prospect for many.
Not only this but with an abundance of history, culture, arts, shopping and sporting venues to enjoy PLUS the development of venues for the Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022, Sandwell really is an exciting place to be right now.
The Safeguarding and Assessment Teams respond to all new referrals with timely intervention and assessment.
As a Social Worker working in SAAT you will:-
- Play a pivotal role in developing effective relationships with children and their families to identify their needs and agree plans with families to achieve change.
- Have a good knowledge of minimum standards and be able to achieve our expectation for promoting change in family life.
- Complete single assessments, undertake s47 investigations, use a range of direct work tools to evidence the child’s voice in your assessments and plans,
- You will be Social Work qualified with at least 2 years post qualifying experience; and registered with Social Work England.
- Previous experience of working in a children and families setting.
- Have a sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
- Have a good knowledge of child development.
How to apply.
Interested, or have any questions? For an informal discussion contact our Recruitment team on 0121 569 6367 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the apply button to complete an application form.
Closing date for applications: 31st October 2020
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.Supporting documents
SCT My Employee Benefits
Band F Person specification
Band F Job description
Band G Job description
Band G Person specification