SEN Teacher (KS2/KS3/KS4)
Full time, 41 hours/week
Salary dependent on experience up to £35k per annum
Start date - asap
Arc School Old Arley is part of the Kedleston Group and opened in 2015. We are an independent special day school situated within a rural village near Nuneaton, affording children and young people, aged between 7 and 16, the opportunity to take part in a range of activities within the local community.
Our school provides a safe learning environment for children and young people with a wide range of varying needs including social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH), autism (ASC), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and attachment difficulties (AD). Previous relevant experience in this area is therefore essential. Experience of delivering a KS3/4 curriculum is also required.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Plan, assess and deliver outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable all young people to learn
- Ensure that pastoral needs are also met and establish excellent relationships with parents and carers
- Demonstrate a willingness and a skill base from which to plan and deliver lessons which teach essential and life skills
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, families and other professionals
- Build team commitment with colleagues in and out of the classroom
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
- Adhere to all working protocols
- Plan and lead a range of off-site enrichment activities
- Uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
- Proven ability to deliver high quality, lively and effective classroom teaching, which engages and motivates young people
- An excellent knowledge of the KS2/3/4 curriculum and how it may be effectively taught
- Experience of working with children with SEND, SEMH and ASC
- A commitment to engaging young people, with a willingness to bring new ideas to the curriculum in and out of the classroom
- QTS or QTLS
Our spacious school environment is bright and welcoming with a variety of different learning spaces inside and outside. We have a particular focus on taking learning outside the classroom into the grounds and community beyond and working in partnership with other organisations to enrich opportunities for children and young people.
Our mission is to develop confident and capable individuals by meeting their educational, health and social needs in a structured, nurturing school. We aim to equip all children and young people with the necessary life skills, academic or vocational qualifications and emotional intelligence to succeed in life. This is delivered by a committed and supportive team, utilising a well-resourced and developed curriculum.
In return for your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and other benefits including contributory pension scheme, comprehensive induction and ongoing training and professional development opportunities, refer-a-friend rewards, perks at work, employee assistance programme, birthday treats, employee of the month awards, cycle to work scheme.
Kedleston Group Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.