Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Hours: Full time
Salary: HC08 £29,577 - £33,782 plus a £4000 per annum, pro rata, market forces supplement payable until March 2022
closing date: 23rd October 2020
Interview: 2nd November 2020
Join our Occupational Therapy team at Herefordshire Council!
Herefordshire is a beautiful, historic county located in the heart of the Marches on the border with Wales. We are one of the most rural and sparsely populated counties in England with a wealth of unspoilt countryside, distinctive heritage, and lively and attractive market towns.
Herefordshire Council provides a wide range of services that combine to make a difference to residents' lives on a daily basis. When recruiting, we look for innovative, professional and committed individuals who will help us to realise our priorities and uphold our values. We offer a range of working benefits, and aim to help employees achieve and maintain a good work life balance.
Herefordshire Council’s Occupational Therapy team is now looking for a qualified, professional Occupational Therapist to join our friendly and experienced OT staff based with other Adult Social Care teams at our locality base Leominster.
The OT Team is centrally managed by an Occupational Therapy Manager, within our integrated “Independent Living Services”, which also comprises of our in house Home Improvement Agency and the Technology Enabled Living team.
As an OT you will received regular, supportive supervision with a Senior Practitioner Occupational Therapist, and have access to regular internal and external CPD opportunities.
To increase the options that you have available to support clients & carers you will also have opportunities to learn more about technology and other wider housing related options available via our comprehensive Home Adaptations and Assistance policy.
Finally you will benefit from being part of a friendly, innovative and motivated integrated team with great links with our wider social care, council and health colleagues.
In return we will offer
• 25 days annual leave per year rising to 30 after 5 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays and 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
• Enrolment in the Local Government pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Provide access to a high quality programme of evidence-based learning and development to enhance skills and practice.
• Regular 1:1’s and development opportunities
• Payment of professional membership fees
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts. We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
• Provide the use of pool cars and bikes (terms and conditions apply)
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post:
• Those who indicate they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the ‘Disability Confident’ scheme.
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care
If you would like to find out more about working with us, please contact Philippa Winstanley on Philippa.Winstanley1@herefordshire.gov.uk or telephone 01432 260723.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to social distancing and infection controls currently in place we will contact you to discuss interview arrangements. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: firstname.lastname@example.org