Silver Birch School is a small independent school. Places are available for mixed gender, full time BESD students (those who experience behavioural, emotional and/or social difficulties) in the age range 14-16, including those with statements of special educational needs (SEN).
We are very proud of the education, enrichment opportunities, preparation for life and support and care we offer to our students. As a result, the majority of our students make good progress across the curriculum from their individual starting points. This was recognised by our second consecutive 'Good' Ofsted judgement in June 2019.
The Governors of Silver Birch School wish to appoint a Class Teacher to join our dedicated team. We are looking for a passionate class teacher to deliver high quality lessons while successfully nurturing and inspiring our students. You will be taking responsibility for the progress of the pupils, planning preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class and maintaining a positive learning environment.
We are particularly looking for a teacher who:
- can work collaboratively with others to raise standards
- is able to understand the learning needs of pupils and ensure that they are enabled to reach their full potential
- is an excellent communicator, enthusiastic and committed to the wider aspects of school life
- is motivated by challenge and change and by working as part of a dynamic team
- ideally has experience working with challenging behaviour and/or experience working in a PRU previously (but this is not essential)
- has previous experience of teaching Key Stage 2,3 and/or 4
- has curriculum knowledge of Maths, English and/or Science subjects
- has knowledge of safeguarding and pupil observations
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 8.15am-2.45pm, Friday 8.30am-12.30pm
If you are ambitious and eager to teach, we would like to hear from you. QTS / NTQ applications welcomed.
For further details, and/or to arrange an informal chat with the Headteacher please contact Miss C Wilson on telephone number 0121 747 4430
Silver Birch School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff / volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, the post will be subject to background checks and an enhanced DBS check.
Application forms are available to download from our website or on request by emailing the Headteacher’s PA on firstname.lastname@example.org CV's will not be accepted.
Please submit completed application forms along with a covering letter addressed to Mr N Thomas, Headteacher in support of your application via email to email@example.com
We reserve the right to close the advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications, and you are advised to submit your application as early as possible.