Teaching Assistant (Maternity cover) Chase Terrace Primary School
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking Teaching Assistant to our team with effect from 2 November 2020. This is a temporary position to cover maternity leave with an anticipated contract end of July 2021.
The role in Reception is for 26.25 hours per week term time only, Monday to Friday. The successful candidate will be working in the classroom and outdoor environment and also implementing 1:1 or group intervention strategies.
The successful candidate must:
- Be supportive to the teacher in the delivery and implementation of the Development Matters for Early Years
- Be able to work 1:1 or in small groups
- Be committed to raising achievements for all children
- Be flexible and adaptable to work in different situations
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Have a friendly and caring nature
- Be organised and have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Hold NVQ Level 3 Early Years or recognised equivalent qualification and must be eligible to be counted in the Early Years ratios as defined by Ofsted.
- Hold a Paediatric First Aid Qualification
Chase Terrace Primary School offers:
- Enthusiastic children
- High expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
- Supportive colleagues, parents and governors
- A happy and inclusive working environment
- Planned support in developing your career
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formally CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spend reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
Closing date for applications is Monday 19 October 2020 at 12 noon.
Interviews and observations will be held on Thursday 22 October 2020.
Application forms can be downloaded from the Supporting Documents section. Applications should be returned directly to the school marked Teaching Assistant Job Application by post or by email.