Mobile Estate Services Operative
To undertake a variety of tasks contributing to the safety and appearance of the environment within and around Sandwell MBC Estates.
Duties will include cleaning to high and low-rise blocks of flats, the removal of graffiti, working at heights and high-level cleansing tasks including window cleaning.
As and when required the identification and removal of hazardous items (e.g. sharps), fire safety and environmental inspections, reporting of communal repairs, the removal of bulky items, minor handy person style repairs, gritting and snow clearance etc.
You will be expected to demonstrate: -
- Some previous caretaking/cleansing experience would be required including carrying out of a variety of cleaning task, e.g. mopping, sweeping, etc
- A good understanding of Health and Safety including COSHH, Risk Assessments, Working at Height, and Safe Methods of Work
- A working knowledge of relevant and appropriate methods of graffiti removal, including materials, equipment and techniques
- An understanding and application of good standards of hygiene and cleanliness
- An ability to drive a variety of company vehicles
- A willingness and ability to travel to various locations within the Borough
The post holder must possess: -
- A full driving licence to drive vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes
- A basic level of skills – ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.comSupporting documents
Information for Applicants