Deputy Head Teacher (SEN)
4 days left
We are looking for a Deputy Head Teacher to join our team at Arc Oakbridge School, Birmingham. This is a full time, permanent position working 40 hours per week.
Closing date: 16 October 2020
Interviews to be held week commencing 19 October 2020
Arc Oakbridge School is specifically designed to be a low arousal, calm and nurturing environment in which young people with autism can learn and grow. Our students all have a diagnosis of autism; are all verbal and, also have additional and complex needs, therefore experience in this area is essential. Due to the model of curriculum both primary and secondary specialist applications are welcome.
Reporting into the Head Teacher, your main responsibilities will include:
- Promotion and development of teaching and learning across the school
- Quality Assurance and professional standards, including performance management
- Curriculum Forward Planning and timetable construction
- Data Analysis and Development
- Assessment, Recording and Reporting
- Continuing Professional Development and staff induction
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Demonstrable and recent experience of working with children with ASC
- Experience of working in an educational leadership role, preferably as Deputy Head
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits, ongoing opportunities for continued professional development and training, a friendly, passionate and committed team of colleagues and access to employee perks, including cycle to work scheme, discounts on shopping and cinema tickets, birthday treats, employee of the month award and enhanced pension contributions for qualified teaching staff.
We would love to hear from you if you feel that you meet the requirements for the role and share our passion and commitment to developing confident and capable young people by meeting their educational, health and social care needs in structured, nurturing school and home provisions.
Kedleston Group Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.