Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
1 day left
Silkmore Primary Academy is an outstanding one-form entry school located in Stafford. We have 245 pupils on roll and cater for 2 -11 years children only. At Silkmore we believe that children should learn through discovery and be fully immersed in their learning. The creative, connected curriculum engages our children and takes them on an exciting learning journey that equips them with life skills and develops their learning attitudes.
Do you enjoy taking a lead role in delivering the curriculum? Have you got the skills to provide class cover across EY, KS1 & KS2? At Silkmore Primary Academy, we are looking for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to provide both class cover as well as support for individual children and small groups as needed. We are looking for someone who is up for getting stuck into all aspects of academy life. The post would also suit someone with a subject specialism that they would be able to teach across the entire school age range.
The role of HLTA will be an important one within the academy, providing both regular class cover for staff as well as supporting teaching and learning by supporting children on a one-to-one basis, supporting small groups or delivering interventions and additional support to children as needed. The role of Higher Level Teaching Assistant presents a fantastic opportunity to work with, and be mentored by, one of our experienced senior leaders. This is a diverse role with opportunities to work within different subject areas and with children of differing ages. As part of this position we will be expected to plan, teach, mark and assess young people’s development, with support as necessary. Applicants must be flexible in their approach to enable our pupils to succeed.
The successful candidate will have:
- The motivation and passion to achieve the very best for the children in our care and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a wider team
- A ‘can do’ approach to all aspects of academy life
- A willingness to undertake professional development and grow their skills
- Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
- A commitment to you and your professional development
- Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and Governors
- A growing learning community
- Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference.