Learning Support Assistant (SEN Support) - Star Academy
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT – SEND SUPPORT
FIXED TERM CONTRACT SUBJECT TO FUNDING
27.5 hours per week scale point 4 pro rata Term Time Only
We are looking for a LSA to provide SEND support for 2 children in our academy
The job will be from Nov 2020 to July 2020 subject to the funding for these children being available to Star Academy. If specialist schools are found for either child before the end date stated above then the contract will come to an end with one month’s notice being given.
Academy Transformation Trust believes that all children should receive a first class education and are well prepared for their life ahead academically, personally, emotionally and professionally. We are committed to our responsibility to support, challenge and guide our academies and their staff to ensure success.
To assist in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupils to whom you are assigned, to enable them to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them.
To aid the pupil to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and on their own by, for example:
- Clarifying and explaining instructions
- Ensuring the pupil is able to use equipment and materials provided
- Motivating and encouraging the pupil(s) as required by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils’ needs
- Assisting in weaker areas, e.g. speech and language, reading, spelling, numeracy, handwriting/presentation etc
- Using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task
- Liaising with class teachers, SENCO and other professionals about individual education plans (IEPs), contributing to the planning and delivery as appropriate
- Providing additional nurture to individuals when requested by class teachers or SENCO
- Consistently and effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies
- Helping to make appropriate resources to support the pupil
To establish supportive relationships with the pupils concerned
To promote the acceptance and inclusion of the pupils with SEN, encouraging pupils to interact with each other in an appropriate and acceptable manner
Monitor the pupils’ response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
To give positive encouragement, feedback and praise to reinforce and sustain the pupil’s efforts and develop self reliance and self esteem.
Interested ? More information is available via the link below
Please apply by visiting