HR Adviser (Schools Team)
HR Advisor (Schools Team) - RT61920
£26,773 to £31,037 per annum (pro-rata to hours worked - term-time only plus 10 days)
37 hours per week
THIS IS AN INTERNAL VACANCY OPEN TO EXISTING WALSALL COUNCIL EMPLOYEES ONLY
We are seeking an HR advisor to support schools on the practical application of HR Procedures and Policies particularly in relation to management of absence processes. In addition, the role involves preparation and delivery of management of absence training to school staff, Headteachers and Principals. Travel will be required to undertake home visits and appointments. There will also be occasional evening work.
Reporting to the HR Manager, you will have or be studying for a Level 5 CIPD qualification or have substantial experience in a relevant setting. Together with, excellent IT skills and communication skills, GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
You should have:
- CIPD Level 5 (or working towards a qualification) or substantial experience
- The commitment to make a difference and to meet overall sickness target
- Confidence in providing strong advice and guidance to managers and Trade Unions
- An understanding of employment law and its application
- Experience of working with schools would be an advantage
Closing Date: 21 October 2020
This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers. The postholder will be required to communicate verbally with customers and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English.