6.25 hours a week, 39 weeks per year
Come and be a part of our aspirational learning community and help to maximise the development of each and every child. At Anglesey Primary Academy we want our children to become respectful, resilient and responsible learners in a safe, nurturing and inclusive environment, where a strong sense of belonging and identity in the school and wider community is valued.
Anglesey is a larger than average primary school in Burton-on-Trent with over 25 languages spoken amongst the student population.
We are enormously proud and privileged to serve the children and families of our community. Anglesey is a happy, warm and nurturing environment for all within it and every member of our team is striving towards creating the outstanding school that our families deserve. Ours is a very special learning community, filled with dedicated and talented staff, where all students, whatever their ability and background, will flourish. We care enormously about our pupils and work hard for them. We serve an area of high socio-economic deprivation which as well as bringing challenges, is extremely rewarding.
We now have an opportunity for a dedicated and committed Lunchtime Supervisor to join our academy. You will be responsible for supervision inside and outside of children at lunchtimes.
To actively supervise the pupils:
- in the dining room
- classrooms during wet lunchtimes
- on the playground
- throughout the school premises during the lunchtime period
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of supporting and adapting learning for pupils in any phase.
- Have experience of working with young people
- Be robust, resilient and take pride in helping students who can sometimes find school life challenging.
- Be flexible, positive and have a ‘can do’ attitude
We actively encourage candidates to visit us, meet our children and staff, and learn about our amazing Academy! Please contact Becky Brumby in the school office on 01283 563811.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we are inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
This post is a fixed term until August 2021 and is required to commence in November 2020.
Closing date: Monday 19th October 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Co-headship, job share, part-time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.