Salary: L10- L14 (£52,723- £58,135) progressing to L12-L16 as the school grows
Somers Park and Malvern Vale School
Deputy Headteacher - Full time. Permanent
Required from Monday 19th April 2021 (Start of the Summer Term)
.Due to the upcoming retirement of our Head of School at Easter 2021, Mercian Educational Trust has taken the opportunity to restructure the leadership of our school as we expand across our two sites. Our existing Executive Headteacher resumes the role of Headteacher over the sites. As a result, we are seeking an ambitious, energetic and exceptionally motivated Deputy Headteacher with experience of leading teams, monitoring teaching and learning, and with evidence of successfully guiding improvement and raising standards, to join our school.
The post requires:
- A leader with the energy and drive to make a difference.
- A leader who displays empathy and sensitivity, who places the needs of the children and adults in our school as a priority.
- A leader with an understanding of the approaches to self-evaluation for school improvement and statutory inspection.
- A leader with experience of raising achievement and attainment, promoting high standards and sustaining a focused learning community.
- A leader with a high level of organisation skills, with an ability to see the bigger picture and to plan strategically.
- A leader committed to developing curriculum, planning, assessment and teaching and learning across the primary years to the highest standard.
- A strong communicator, who is confident addressing a range of large audiences, and who is able to ‘take others with them.’
- A commitment to developing links with the community and an empathy with the aims and vision of the school.
- An excellent classroom practitioner with a high level of digital competency.
Mercian Educational Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the protection and safety of its students and therefore this post will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact Les McGee, Office Manager, in the school office on 01684 572949 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient date and time and to request an information pack and application form. These are also available from the school website under the School Office tab.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 6th November 2020
Shortlisting: Tuesday 10th November 2020
Interviews date: Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th November 2020
[The field will be reduced after day 1]