LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT to include LUNCHTIME SUPERVISOR ROLE
Start date: As soon as possible
Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 11.50am to work 1-1 with child. Lunch time supervisor role from 11.50am-1.15pm. 1.15pm-1.30pm transition time. Hours may increase therefore flexibility is essential.
Working one to one to support a child with significant needs
- Have experience of supporting individual needs.
- Have recent experience of working within a school setting and sound knowledge of the KS1/2 curriculum.
- Demonstrate a good level of English and Maths, with GCSE qualification graded A-C, or equivalent
- Have the ability to confidently follow planning and adapt, where necessary, to support children’s individual needs.
- Have experience in delivering intervention programmes for groups and individuals
- Be a team player, who is committed to their own professional development
- Support the Christian ethos of our school
- Have working knowledge of safeguarding practices
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting an individual child
- Working with pupils on an individual or group basis as required by the class teacher
- Aiding pupils to access all subjects of the national curriculum and encourage their independence as learners
- Motivating and encouraging pupils to behave well in and around school
The role of the Lunchtime Supervisor is to support and care for pupils during the lunchtime period.
A commitment to the full life of the school is expected and in return the successful applicant will be welcomed and supported by a friendly team.
Harvington CE First & Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to recognise and share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Prospective applicants are warmly welcomed and encouraged to visit us. Please contact the office for an appointment.
Closing date: Tuesday 20th October at 9.30am
Interviews: Thursday 5th November 2020