Digital IAG Advisor
Digital IAG Advisor
Salary: £20,903 - £23,541 per annum
37 Hours per week – Permanent
An exciting opportunity has become available to work in Staffordshire County Council’s Digital Team.
The purpose of the digital team is to:
- Manage the Staffordshire County Council corporate website, corporate intranet and partner sites to ensure a dynamic and interactive web presence that meets customers’ needs
- Develop, Implement and deliver the organisation’s Digital Strategy
- Deliver cost and resource efficiencies through online service delivery
- Promote digital innovation throughout the organisation to drive efficiency and outcomes
- Ensure statutory legislation and best practice guidelines for the web are adhered to
- Ensure that processes, procedures and standards are implemented and developed to ensure high quality web solutions
- Manage and support the editing community to publish content in a consistent way to high standards
- Provide advice on digital services to all levels within the organisation including those at a senior level
- Discover and drive digital innovation throughout the organisation
This role will specifically be focussed on the creation and maintenance of excellent Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) content across our digital platforms, specifically our main website and Staffordshire Connects directory site. The role will report directly to the Digital Manager but will take guidance from the relevant service leads in both the Health and Care and Families and Communities directorates.
The right candidate should have excellent written communication skills and some experience of writing web content. Experience of working in local government and a good level of digital competency should also be demonstrated.
The role will be based predominantly at Staffordshire Place 1 or at home in line with the organisations home working policies during the pandemic period. Some travel around the County may be required to meet with partner organisations.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 30/10/2020
Interview Date: 12/11/2020
For more information about the role please contact: Richard Lancaster
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts