Level 2 / Level 3 Teaching Assistant - Ref: TV24520
Casual Level 2 / Level 3 Teaching Assistants needed
Ryders Hayes School (A Primary Learning Academy)
Role commences: ASAP
Salary Range: Level 2 / Level 3 TA dependant on experience FTE £17798 - £20043
Contract type: Casual Supply available
Contract term: Zero Hours Agreement for casual work
Location: Pelsall, Walsall
Due to increased demand our Governing Body is looking to appoint a dynamic and adaptable Level 2 or Level 3 Teaching Assistant to join our staff and supply team as soon as possible, who will also be able to provide flexible cover for TA colleagues’ short-term absence; release for CPD, and support our continuous provision as a play leader during the lunchtime period, as one of a team of highly effective teaching assistants. The successful candidate should have experience of working in this capacity. Weekly hours may vary according to need i.e. ranging from 0 hours to 27.5 hours per week.
To be successful, you will need:
- to be flexible and adaptable
- to have achieved Level 2 / Level 3 TA standard
- high expectations for yourself and our pupils
- to be a good role model for pupils and colleagues
- to be a team player
- to ensure that all pupils make expected or more progress towards aspirational targets;
- to champion our high standards of pupil behaviour and expectations of good character
- support the development of an inspiring and innovative curriculum;
- uphold the inclusive principles that are integral to our ethos;
- understand the needs of our varied community.
- hold Maths and English GCSE grades 4 or above
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to make a difference to our happy and successful school.
- a school open to new ideas and willing to embrace change for the good of the school.
- excellent development opportunities within our Teaching School.
Ryders Hayes School is a popular, highly-regarded primary school in Pelsall, Walsall. Always at the cutting edge of education, we were one of the first Primary Academy Converters and Teaching Schools in the country. A caring school, judged ‘Good’ by OFSTED and expecting a return visit to be considered for OUTSTANDING, we are committed to giving our pupils the opportunity to grow; to learn new skills, and to develop their potential to be the best they can be. Our ‘child centred, learning focused’ approach, reflects our desire to create an environment where young people get the best possible start in life, together with strong parental engagement, to develop a clear set of values and academic attainment as rounded, confident young people, of good character, well prepared for their futures in a rapidly changing world.
Our vision is: to nurture and facilitate the growth of our pupils and their learning; equipping them with the skills and attributes to embrace the challenges of a rapidly changing world. To enjoy success for today and be prepared for tomorrow, by instilling the values of:
Enquiry, Adaptability, Resilience, Morality, Effective Communication, Thoughtfulness, Collaboration, Respect, International /open mindedness, and Growth Mindset.
We warmly invite you to visit our school. Please call the Head Teacher to arrange a visit or for an informal conversation on 01922 683008. Application forms and further details are available by contacting the school directly on the above telephone number, by email: email@example.com; or on the website
Please return your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the school office
Closing Date: 30th October 2020 – 12 noon
Interviews: To be confirmed
Ryders Hayes School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.