Teaching Assistant - Level 2
THE STREETLY ACADEMY
Queslett Road East
Tel: 0121-353 2709
Fax: 0121-353 0212
TEACHING ASSISTANT – LEVEL 2 – PERMANENT POST
Date posted: Friday 9 October 2020
Closing date: Monday 19 October 2020
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: NJC scale 5-6
Contract Term: Permanent subject to 6m probationary period.
Contract Type: term Time – 32.5 hours per week. Actual pay £14,381 -£14,699 pa
Do you want to make a difference to the next generation? Then this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
The Academy offers a unique blend of tradition and future, seeking the highest standards of behaviour and appearance, whilst maintaining an emphasis on harnessing technologies, and exploring every avenue in improving teaching, learning, and assessment.
We are proud of our sport specialism, and make every effort to ensure all students are given the opportunity to develop and progress, in terms of health and leadership, via the avenue of PE and Sport. This links closely to our PRIDE values, which are based on the Olympic and Para Olympics values.
We can offer you;
- A considerate employer with regard for your well-being and family priorities
- A health care plan to cover some of the costs of keeping you well such as dental, physio and eye care, with the addition of counselling and fast track to consultant appointments should you be carrying the worry of a health scare
- Friendly and supportive colleagues
- Opportunity for professional development and to both engage in and deliver training to others
- Every member of staff and student is equipped with a Chromebook device to aid innovative teaching and reduce workload
- Students that are helpful, with good manners and take pride in their appearance
- A wide variety of clubs, trips, events and opportunities
- Free onsite parking and access to our onsite gym and padel tennis courts.
We are looking for;
- A qualified and enthusiastic team player to work under the direction of the Head of Department to enable students to access learning and to assist the class teacher in the management of students and the classroom
- The successful candidate to have some involvement in students’ personal care, where we provide additional resourced provisions for physically disabled students – both male and female
- An individual who is committed to delivering active and engaging learning, which enthuses young people and motivates them to want to succeed
- An individual who can set targets that stretch and challenge students of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions
- An individual with a continued commitment to their own professional development.
We welcome a visit at any time, so please make the time to come in and see our school at work.
Full details of this vacancy and relevant application forms are available via our website at: www.thestreetlyacademy.co.uk Last date for receipt of completed applications: midnight on Monday 19 October 2020. Interviews to be held week commencing 2 November 2020.
The Streetly Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are each subject to an Enhanced DBS check and prohibition from teaching check.