Business Support Co-Ordinator
Post: Business Support Co-Ordinator
Hours: 37.00 per Week
Salary: £19,698 to £21,748
Closing date: October 25th 2020
Interviews: November 11th 2020
At Herefordshire Council we are transforming our services in response to the unprecedented challenges presented by national policy changes, the financial environment and the need to reduce demand on key services. This is an exciting time to join our organisation and be part of the journey to reshape and focus on our clearly set out priority areas, within the resources available, to keep children, young people and vulnerable adults safe and give them the best start in life; enable residents to live safe, healthy and independent lives and stimulate the economy by investing in projects to improve roads, create jobs and build more homes.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and flexible Business Support Co-Ordinator to provide a high quality business support service to the Adult's and Communities Directorate in Hereford. As a Business Support Co-Ordinator you will provide a wide range of administrative services which may include planning events and workshops, the collating and presentation of data from audits and minuting meetings. The post holder will need to demonstrate effective communication and organisational skills, with the ability to sensitively and appropriately address difficult situations. You will have a focus on good customer service and a ‘can do’ attitude. you will be able to work flexibly and to adapt to changing goals and circumstances. Timescales are crucial within the service and so management of own workload is essential.
In return we will offer
• 25 days annual leave per year rising to 30 after 5 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays
• Enrolment in the Local Government pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Regular 1:1’s and development opportunities
• Provide the use of pool cars and bikes (terms and conditions apply)
Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts. We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
This position will be subject to a standard DBS check.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post:
• Those who indicate they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the ‘Disability Confident’ scheme.
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care