School Site Manager/ Caretaker
25.0 Hours per Week
Fixed Term Contract - 31st August 2021
We are looking for a School Site Manager/ Caretaker to be responsible for managing our caretaking services to all buildings on the school site. We would love someone who will ensure a safe and secure environment, and who will help to care for our buildings with a similar caring nature that is always present in our school.
We are looking for someone to:
- Be aware of and understand the Authority’s regulation, e.g. H&SAW and COSHH guidelines
- Literacy skills to complete forms and orders, write instructions, understand and follow health and safety and COSHH instructions
- Numeracy skills to check goods, check invoices, carry out stock control, undertake calculations , monitor and account for expenditure against a budget
- Able to carry out procedures, routines and follow instructions
- Able to plan short term
- Able to operate cleaning equipment, machinery and tools and undertake basic maintenance
- Have minor maintenance skills (eg plumbing, electrical, glazing, woodwork) to make safe.
- Understand basic administrative systems (lettings, time book, maintenance hotline, ordering)
- Understand and be familiar with the layout and organisation of the school and its site.
- Have staff management skills and be able to manage a small team
- Able to take initiative and be proactive
- Can solve straightforward problems, respond to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. hazards, accidents etc)
- Previous experience in caretaking or related field
Additional Information & How to Apply
For a application pack you can e-mail the below address or collect one in person.
Forms will also be made available on our website.
Closing date: 2nd November 2020
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.Supporting documents