2x L2 Teaching Assistant – 1x 20 hours and 1x 28.75 per week - Ref: TV24920
Salisbury Primary School – TA L2
Phone: 0121 6674066 Address: Salisbury Primary School, Salisbury Street, Darlaston, Walsall, WS10 8BQ
Salisbury Primary School is ‘GOOD’ - Ofsted March 2019.
2x L2 Teaching Assistant – 1x 20 hours and 1x 28.75 per week; term time only; G4 SCP 6-11
Fixed term Aug 2021 in the first instance and then contract will end in line with EHCP.
First post 20 hours G4 SCP 6-11 actual salary range £8731.67 - £9640.32; We are looking to recruit an experienced Level 2 SEN Teaching Assistant (or equivalent experience), to support a child with speech and language needs. You will work as a member of a team, supporting the child with their individual teaching and learning plan as well as daily one-to-one work based on the child’s specific areas of need.
Second post 28.75 hours G4 SCP 6-11 actual salary range £12551.78 - £13857.96; We are looking to recruit an experienced Level 2 SEN Teaching Assistant (or equivalent experience), to support a child with Autism. You will work as a member of a team, supporting the child with their individual teaching and learning plan as well as daily one-to-one work based on the child’s specific areas of need.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and hardworking teaching assistant who will deliver the very best learning experiences for our children, a highly skilled and passionate person to join our professional team of Teaching Assistants. Salisbury Primary School is an exciting place to work due to the rapid journey of improvement over the last few years. It is a great opportunity to work with forward thinking staff and be part of a passionate enthusiastic team. We are an inspirational and inclusive school and we are building the foundations for happy and successful life-long learners.
You will be expected to:
- Have high expectations and an unwavering belief in the potential of every child.
- Work in a creative and inspirational way with high expectations for all.
- Be committed to raising standards for all our children.
- Be a role model who wishes to share their excellent practice with colleagues.
- Be a team player who will work well with colleagues.
- Experienced in supporting children with SEN needs.
- Bring learning to life.
- Committed to team work, sharing and receiving ideas for the benefit of the children in our care.
- Can use initiative to work in a one-to-one or small group setting.
- Able to work proactively, with a high level of commitment.
What we will offer the right person:
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and confident children.
- A supportive ethos of aspiration, ambition and high achievement for all.
- A dynamic, creative environment, encouraging collaboration and open to innovation.
- A strong, dedicated team who work hard for our school community.
- An enthusiastic leadership team, who are committed to supporting and developing colleagues.
- A warm, family atmosphere.
- Ambition and vision for all.
- Develop your skills alongside a team of dedicated and highly professional staff who are deeply committed to improving the life chances of the children in our local community.
- Develop professionally including relevant training, where appropriate.
Salisbury Primary School is a values based, inclusive school at the heart of a culturally diverse community. In striving for excellence, we also aim to be inclusive and nurturing. We take pride in fostering enjoyment of learning that will lead to children being the best that they can be in all areas of the curriculum.
We are looking for an enthusiastic teaching assistant with excellent skills who can demonstrate commitment, energy and drive to join our team and work to provide positive learning experiences for all our pupils. In return, we can offer a supportive working environment where all staff are valued and where there are opportunities for professional development.
The successful applicant will require good Maths and English skills to work one to one with a child who has an EHCP plan. You will need to be able to demonstrate initiative and independent action and the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of people. Experience of ADHD, ASD and Team Teach is desirable.
How to apply
Application forms are available on our website or alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. Completed application forms should be returned via email to the school along with a 2-page personal statement. Your statement should show how you meet the criteria of the post to which you are applying and how your examples demonstrate impact. Posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Candidates must be suitably qualified and experienced. Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date: Monday 2nd November 2020 1pm
Interview Date: TBC