Prevent Administrative Support Officer
This is a Fixed Term post until 31 March 2021 Due to Providing Maternity Cover
Hours: 25-30 hours (negotiable)
Location: Oldbury Council House / WFH
An exciting opportunity for someone who is seeking a challenge. This role is to cover maternity leave.
- To provide high quality project management and other support including co-ordination of administrative functions to the Strategic Prevent Coordinator and Prevent team.
- Being responsible for convening, arranging and coordination in relation to the Contest Board, Prevent Delivery Group and Channel Panel.
- Maintain financial records, dealing with invoices, and raising orders. Undertaking other related tasks in the remit of the Community Safety Partnership and its associated sub-groups.
- To act in a confidential manner regarding all information and documents received and circulated, taking account of the sensitivity of both the subject matter and the sensitivity of information to be managed in your role to the public and to the council and its partners.
You will be expected to select up to five essential requirements for the role, insert these below
- GCSE’s in English and Maths or equivalent
- Level 3 (minimum) qualification in Administration
- Excellent organisational and communications skills
- Experienced, confident, pro-active and highly motivated individual
- Good level of resilience and skills to manage difficult conversations and situations, considering the area of work Prevent covers.
Please note a Basic DBS is required for this post.
Closing date: 27 October 2020
Interview date: 9/10 November 2020
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
25-30 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
For an informal discussion, please contact Pardeep Brar on (07500 129348) or Email Pardeep_Brar@sandwell.gov.uk (preferred)Supporting documents
Information for Applicants