Head of Maths / Aspiring Head of Maths
St Matthias is a good school where staff know students well. Leaders work hard to ensure that everyone feels part of the school's diverse community. Students feel happy and safe at school. This is because leaders have created an environment where students are well supported and cared for. Leaders expect students to try hard in school. They do not tolerate disruption in lessons or at social times. In lessons students are polite and respectful of their teachers. Everyone gets access to a good-quality curriculum.
This role is suitable for an experienced Head of Maths or an excellent teacher who aspires to be a Head of Maths in the near future. We offer an extensive CPD program of support. Staff describe working t St Matthias as extremely positive with a team approach. The fully staffed maths department follow the Person Edexcel Schemes of work which are comprehensively resourced for both key stages.
Contact us to discuss the role in more detail or to arrange a visit.
The job requires a person who;
- Is an excellent teacher
- Can lead and deliver quality learning in maths with all students
- Wants to innovate and develop maths within the curriculum model
- Can lead and be part of a team
- To always look for an expect the best from all our students
- To promote creativity in learning design, delivery and outcome
- To be a positive role model in personal behaviours and self management
- To respect everyone as an individual
- To take care of our learning environment
- To promote sustainable development
- To work collaboratively, embracing team work and partnership
2. Leading Learning
- To support learning by following the agreed policies, systems and structures
- To be responsible for your own professional learning and support development of colleagues
- To be committed to student attainment
- To promote health and wellbeing, including safeguarding our students
- To work to build community cohesion
- To work positively with parents and families
- To work within the framework of national legislation and in accordance with the provisions of the School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document. In addition the post is subject to compliance with reasonable requests made by the Head Teacher
Salary Range: Main to Upper pay scale / TLR (dependent upon experience and expertise)
Contract Type: Negotiable
Starting Date: January 2021
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date - Monday 19th October 2020
To apply go to WMJobs - https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/
For further information please call the School on 01902 556400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org