SEND Casework Administrator
1 day left
Job Title: SEND Casework Administration Officer
Salary: £18,268 - £18,633
Full-Time: 35 hours
The SEND Service has a vacancy for an experienced administrator to join the team who oversee the statutory process for Education, Health and Care Needs Plans (0-25). This is not a normal administrative role; the work is very interesting and extremely varied; no two days are ever the same.
The SEND Service carries out the Local Authority's statutory responsibilities to:
• Manage the statutory SEND system for EHC assessment
• Prepare and issue EHC Plans
• Determine educational placement and support, and to
• Monitor arrangements and provision for individual children and young people with EHC Plans
You will need to be highly organized and methodical in your work, and experience of Microsoft Office is vital. The team has responsibility for the administration of all aspects of the Education, Health and Care Needs Statutory process.
The right candidate will have:
• Experience of working in an administrative role within an environment that requires flexibility and good team work.
• The ability to prioritise and plan their workload in accordance with statutory deadlines in ever changing circumstances.
• Experience of using technology for data recording and extraction, and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience of other software packages an advantage.
• Experience of dealing with high volumes of telephone enquiries where the caller may be anxious or concerned.
• Understanding of perspectives of parents and providers in relation to children and young people with SEN / LDD.
• Some knowledge of the scope of activity undertaken by Worcestershire Children First would be helpful.
• Awareness of the SEND Code of Practice.
Closing Date: 23rd October 2020 @17.30
Anticipated Interview Date: 4th November 2020