Head of humanities - Staffordshire University Academy
Head of humanities
MPS/UPS plus TLR 2.65 (£6,500)
Start date: January 2021
Are you an aspiring leader and feel that you have what is required for an exciting position as head of humanities to further your career?
Staffordshire University Academy are seeking to appoint an innovative, ambitious, enthusiastic and proactive head of humanities to lead the development of teaching, learning, achievement and aspiration within humanities up to KS5. The successful candidate will be responsible for the line management of the history, geography, RE, MFL, social sciences and CHARACTER education.
Staff benefit from a positive working environment with strong support for professional development. The successful candidate will be able to lead and build on the strengths within the department whilst continuing to drive the progress being made in these vital curriculum areas.
Applicants must have a degree or equivalent in a humanities subject and have at least 3 years of experience teaching humanities in a mainstream school.
Do you have?
- High aspirations to deliver at a consistently effective level
- A desire to ensure all groups of students are suitably motivated and challenged
- The desire to share and learn from best practice to ensure continual self-improvement
- The ability to use and apply technology in lessons to support teaching and learning
- A passion and a desire to make a difference to the lives of young people
In return we can offer:
- Genuinely exciting career development opportunities in a growing academy
- Supportive, experienced and enthusiastic colleagues
- Excellent facilities including classrooms equipped with the latest audio visual technology
For more information and to download an application pack please visit our website: www.suacademy.co.uk or email: email@example.com to request an application pack. Alternatively contact Claire Simpson on 01543 224 654.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Tuesday 20th October 2020. Interviews will take place on Thursday 22nd October 2020.
This academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide