You will be working within the Asset Management and Maintenance division; your role will include but not be limited to:
- Issuing and overseeing work of the clerical staff when leading on projects that require clerical resources. Will write and draft reports in relation to the business area utilising technical staff for knowledge.
- Establishing and maintain contacts with Resident Groups and endeavour to maintain as good a relationship as possible between BCC and the customer. Will link the repairs function in the tenancy conditions. Assist tenants with repairs completed satisfactorily
- Communication will be a key element of this role, ensuring policy changes, processes are communicated, especially in relation to fire safety management with the impact being across Housing Repairs and Housing Management. Monitoring and progress chasing throughout the whole of Asset Management and Maintenance division on any projects required.
- Liaising with customer to understand any complaints that have been escalated to the head of service. Build a good working relationship with elected members to understand customers’ needs and expectations of repairs and maintenance and capital investment service. Assisting with the customer user groups. Liaising with the repair’s contractors.
- Researching policy changes that impacts Asset Management and Maintenance division for example Fire safety, building regs.
- Drafting reports and complaint responses for the Head of Service.
- Maximise tenant engagement working with customer user groups and assisting with IT developments.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a diverse team, providing cover when needed to ensure continuity of service provision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing demands.
- A self-starter, who is energetic, motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team and proactively manage their workload
- You will need to be resilient with the ability to manage pressure effectively and be solution focused
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity
- A good communicator and approachable
- A focus on self-development and continuous improvement.
“Interviews for this post will take place virtually via video conferencing. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further information”
For informal enquires please contact Sarah Ager, firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
“Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non UK and non EU applicants are required to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must be approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) before any employment offer can be confirmed.”Supporting documents
Job Description & Person Specification